Once a survey invitation has been sent to a contact, organisation and/ or distribution lists in ChilliDB, users may wish to send a reminder to ensure the survey is completed in within the desired timeframe. The 'View' filter above the grid can be used to filter the invitations to those who have not yet started the survey; those who haven't submitted it; or both.
To send a survey reminder to a recipient:
1. Click in the checkbox next to the recipient to select them from the “Survey Invitation List” in the Invitations tab on the Survey Display page.
2. Select Actions > Send Reminder.
3. The 'Refine Recipients of the Reminder' pop-up window will appear to validate the chosen recipients. Users can change the contacts displayed by changing the Filter on the top left-hand side of the window. The default setting is display 'All' contacts originally invited to do the survey. However, there is the option to change this to 'Those with No Address Available'; 'Those with an Email Address'; or 'Those with an SMS Number'. Click 'Continue' if recipient details are correct.
4. A Send Message pop-up box will display. Complete all mandatory fields such as To, Subject, and Categorisation. Users may add additional recipients by clicking “Find” next to the “To” field. Follow the prompts to add additional recipients.
5. Next, users need to enter the content for their reminder. They have two options here:
i. Create Your Invitation Content now
Enter the desired content into the HTML Content and Plain Text Content sections of the form. Plain Text Content is for those recipients who do not receive HTML emails, who generally don't number many. It is best to copy the content from the HTML field into the Plain Text to enable recipients receive the reminder, regardless of how they read their email. Users will need to copy the link from the existing content so their recipients can use this link to access the survey. If the existing content is lost, users can use the Mail Merge Tokens and select the 'Survey' token.
ii. Use a Message Template
Select Action > Use Template.
Click checkbox for the template to be used, then click 'Load'. This will now populate the email reminder with the template.
Users can view a template by selecting the Template Name.
They can use the 'Create Like' link to duplicate an existing template, then make changes and save it to use.
They can 'Load' an existing template.
They can 'Overwrite' an existing template with the content back in the Send Message window to use again in future.
For this example, we have selected 'Load' to load a template. The Send Message screen will confirm that its content is to be replaced with the content from the template, and when this is confirmed, it will then load all of the content from the template into the Send Message screen. Message templates also include Subject and Categorisation fields, so the whole screen can be adjusted to a user's needs.
6. Test your message!
If you use 'Send Test' from the Send Message screen and try send it to your own organisation, there will be issues when ChilliDB attempts to pre-populate the survey. The sent test in this scenario is only useful to review a message template until a user is happy with it. To test the defaulting of information into a survey, users need to create a test contact or organisation in their system and actually send the invitation to that contact or organisation.
7. Once users are happy with their reminder, click 'Send'. The reminder to complete a survey has now been sent to the chosen respondent(s).